For many at Old Sturbridge Village, the first whiff of spring isn’t the aroma of spring flowers–it’s the smell of wood smoke and maple syrup, a sure sign that the sap is rising and spring is on the way!
Join us weekends for our Maple Days event through March 22:
- See maple sugaring as it was done in early 19th-century rural New England in OSV’s working sugar camp.
- See the entire sugar-making process, from tapping the trees to “sugaring off”.
- Learn why maple sugar was more commonly used than maple syrup in early New England.
- Costumed historians will also cook period foods made with maple products by the hearth at the Village’s Freeman Farm.
- In addition, the potter and cooper will be making maple related items!
Seniors (55 and over) $26.00
College Student (with valid college ID) $14
Youths (4-17) $14.00
Children age 3 and under Admitted Free
Save $2.50 per ticket by buying your tickets online.
Dates: Saturdays & Sundays, March 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, and 22
Hours: 9:30 am- 4:00 pm
Maple Days at Old Sturbridge Village
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge MA (508) 347-3362