“TouchTomorrow” a FREE Festival of Science, Technology and Robots at WPI 6/8!
A Festival of Science, Technology and Robots!
Join us at TouchTomorrow, a family-friendly festival featuring hands-on experiments, research lab activities, and interactive exhibits for all ages.
Our Media Partner, WGBH Education/PBS Learning Media is bringing so much hands-on, family-oriented fun stuff from the brands you know and love…
- NOVA Education will have cool apps and virtual reality resources…PLUS you can check out the new series NOVA Wonders in the Bartlett Center Theater.
- PLUM Landing will have new games and apps that encourage kids to get outdoors and explore science in the natural world!
- PBS Learning media will have fun activities for elementary students.
- WGBH Director of STEM Education in the Bartlett Center Theater to learn about upcoming space events, and learn with is going on with the Earth’s moon, stars, planets, meteors and more!
- DESIGN SQUAD CHALLENGE. Submit your middle-school age engineering team (2 to 6 people per team) for a hands-on engineering challenge with PBS KIDS Design Squad Global! Teams will be challenged to build their own Wind Turbines that can lift heavy objects! Challenge materials will be supplied, but we suggest researching designs of different Wind Turbines to prep. You will have 50 minutes to build and test your creation. You can register your team online at: http://bit.ly/DesignChallengeSignUpGeneral
Innovators at Work…
Faculty and current students open up their research labs around campus and share their innovations and discoveries–with you. Accessible for kids of all ages, but of particular interest to middle- and high-schoolers. Come see what it’s like to be a student at WPI. Labs will open up in:
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Interactive Media and Game Development
- Learning Sciences and Technologies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
Engage with Local and National Partners…
- Many local and national organizations are coming to TouchTomorrow and bringing interactive, fun exhibits for kids of all ages to enjoy. See who’s coming.
Make a day of it…
Download the event app in your app store by searching “WPI TouchTomorrow”. Food and beverages will be sold at multiple locations including BBQ favorites on the Quad, lunch WPI student-style in the Morgan Dining Hall, and food trucks at Gateway Park.
All ages welcome!
Touch Tomorrow Festival at WPI
100 Institute Road, Worcester MA
Saturday, June 8, 2019; 10:00am-4:00pm