Free fishing, boating storytime and more at the “Free Fun Friday on the Charles River” on Friday 7/12!
Join Charles River Watershed Association for its second Highland Street Foundation “Free Fun Friday on the Charles” on July 12 at DCR’s Herter Park!
Families will have access to:
- Free canoeing and kayaking lessons with Paddle Boston – Charles River Canoe & Kayak!
- Try their hand at fishing!
- Storytime in the shade!
- Free ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s!
- Get their hands dirty with Bootstrap Compost!
- Hands-on science demonstrations led by CRWA’s aquatic scientist and science team about invasive plants, pollution, and watersheds!
- Friends of Herter Park who will lead everyone in sing-a-longs and dancing!
- Food trucks for lunch options or pack your own snacks for a picnic by the river!
- For more details and volunteer signup, please visit: https://www.crwa.org/free-fun-friday.
- If you are looking to kayak, please register, as we will send out waivers and requirements as the date gets closer.
- Registration is not required, but is suggested to help CRWA predict attendance.
- This event will be held rain or shine.
- Parking in the lot is limited, but available on side streets nearby.
Free Fun Friday on the Charles River
DCR’s Herter Park
1175 Soldiers Field Road, Boston MA
Friday, July 12, 2019; 10:00am – 4:00pm