Attention Kids! Enter the annual “Be Our Valentine” contest at the Worcester Historical Museum!
Attention kids! Be part of Worcester’s valentine-making tradition and create an original valentine! The Worcester Historical Museum in partnership with Worcester Loves To Read and the Worcester Public Library are holding special valentine-making workshops for your child to show their creativity this February!
All workshops are from 4:00-5:00 pm.
- LEARN historic Worcester valentine styles & techniques.
- MAKE cards for family and friends at one of these FREE Worcester Public Library workshops.
- Wednesday, 1/22 Frances Perkins Branch
- Thursday, 1/23 Great Brook Valley Branch
- Monday, 1/27 Goddard School Branch
- Thursday, 1/30 Burncoat Branch
- Friday 1/31 Roosevelt Branch
- Monday, 2/3 Tatnuck Branch
Worcester Historical Museum provides all materials for valentine-making, as well as a presentation on the history of valentines in Worcester.
Open to students in grades 3, 4, 5 and 6 or the equivalent who (a) attend Worcester schools, (b) are the children of members of Worcester Historical Museum, or (c) are holders of an active Worcester Public Library card. You do not need to be a Worcester resident to get a library card. Apply here.
Bring one entry per child to the Worcester Historical Museum by 4:00 by Friday, January 31, 2020.
Prizes will be presented at a valentine party (with festive cookies and punch) for winners, their families, principals and teachers. Monday, February 10, 2020 at 4:00pm. (Snowdate: 2/11 at 4pm)
See Previous Winners
42nd Annual “Be Our Valentine” Contest
Worcester Historical Museum
30 Elm Street, Worcester MA (508) 753-8278