“Bounty: Thanksgiving Traditions” at Old Sturbridge Village on Saturdays & Sundays!
Did you know in early New England, Thanksgiving was the biggest holiday of the year, far surpassing Christmas? Each weekend in November, enjoy learning about the traditions of an early 19th-century New England Thanksgiving at Old Sturbridge Village!
A New England Thanksgiving Activities
- Experience the traditions of an early 19th-century New England Thanksgiving.
- Learn about 1830s dining etiquette and watch the men of the Village compete in a post-dinner target shoot.
- Smell the scents of roasted turkey and pies warming by the fire.
- Hear the minister talk about the true meaning of Thanksgiving in the Village’s historic Center Meetinghouse.
- Learn how preparations were made for this holiday meal.
2019 Event Dates & Times
Saturdays & Sundays, November 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, and Thursday, November 28 (Thanksgiving Day); 9:30am-4:30pm
Regular Daytime Admission
- Adults $28.00
- Seniors (55 and over) $26.00
- Youths (3-17) $14.00
- Children age 2 and under Admitted Free
- Save $2.50 by purchasing your tickets online!
Full-priced admission includes FREE parking and FREE additional visit within 10 days. Ticket must be validated before leaving the Village on the first day. Admission purchased with a group or at a discounted rate are not be eligible. For more information, call 508-347-0290.
A New England Thanksgiving at Old Sturbridge Village
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge MA (508) 347-3362