Roger Williams Zoo is thrilled to announce the zoo’s re-opening in phases beginning June 1!
As they welcome guests back there are some guidelines to follow to keep everyone safe. During this temporary phased reopening, your Zoo journey may look a little different. Watch this video to see what safety measures we have put into place to ensure your next visit is a happy and safe experience.
June 1, Roger Williams Park Zoo will re-open in phases:
- June 1 and 2, Zoo will be open to active Rhode Island* Zoo members only.
- June 3 – 7 the Zoo will be open for Rhode Island* residents only – members and non-members (*per city and state directives).
- Monday, June 8, Roger Williams Park Zoo will open to all members and the general public.
What’s Open, What’s Not?
It is our mission to create engaging experiences that empower guests to join us in conserving wildlife and wild places. You are a part of our mission and your safety, the safety of our team members, and the safety of the animals are our number-one priority.
- See here for a map of open and closed areas of the zoo.
- Zoo: All outdoor animal enclosures are open.
- Rides: All are closed at this time.
- Food: Our new food partner, SSA, will be open with increased cleaning procedures, grab-and-go options, limited contact sales/pick-up, and more.
- Carousel: The carousel building and Hasbro’s Boundless All-Abilities playground will remain closed until further notice, per directives from the government.
On behalf of our entire Zoo family, thank you for your continued support during these unprecedented times!