Library Spotlight Series: Worcester Public Library-Frances Perkins Branch
Throughout the fall and winter of 2019-2020, WCKC will be highlighting Central MA public libraries to find out all the goods! For each new library we visit, we’ll report back on questions like: What makes this library extra special? What fall programs can you expect? What passes does this library offer?
We start our series in Worcester at Frances Perkins Branch on West Boylston Street. We chose this branch to start with because it is near and dear to our family. This was the first library we visited as a family many years ago.
- Most Monday Mornings: Family Storytime. Explore themes through rhymes, stories, books and crafts.
- Last Monday Morning of the month: Sensory Play. An interactive program for children 0-5. Explore different textures, substances and tools. They have moon sand, colored rice, toys and more!
- Tuesday Afternoons: Lego “n” More Constructive Play. Kids ages 4-12 enjoy an open-ended constructive playtime using Legos, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and trains!
Museum Passes Offered:
- NE Aquarium
- The Butterfly Place
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Worcester Art Museum
- Zoo New England
- Click here find out the discounts offered and details about reserving a pass.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m
- Thursday: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m
- Friday: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m
Frances Perkins Library
470 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01606
(Entrance is on Kendrick Avenue. The free parking lot is accessed from Kendrick Ave. with an entrance to the building in the far corner.)