Library Spotlight Series: Rutland Public Library
Throughout the fall and winter of 2019-2020, WCKC will be highlighting Central MA public libraries to find out all the goods! For each new library we visit, we’ll report back on questions like: What makes this library extra special? What fall programs can you expect? What passes does this library offer?
This week we chose Rutland Public Library!
Regular weekly events:
- Tuesday Mornings at 10 am: Romp & Stomp! Music, Dance, Stories and Fun. Follows the WRSD school calendar.
- Wednesday Mornings at 10:30 am: Toddler Time! Stories, rhymes, songs and a simple craft.
- Thursday Mornings at 10:30 am: Special story time for 3-4 yr olds.
- Friday Mornings at 10:30 am: Mother Goose Time! Ages 0-2. 30 minutes of stories, rhymes, instruments, scarves and laughs.
The Rutland Library just received a large grant to make over their baby play area as well as other areas in the children’s section. They have done a fantastic job. Babies have their own special inviting area with wonderful books and learning toys. The preschool area has a full kitchen, train, puzzle, and magna tile tables, puppet theatre and more!
Discounted Museum/Attraction Passes Offered:
- Davis Farmland
- Worcester Art Museum
- Massachusetts State Parks
- Mystic Aquarium
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tuesday- Thursday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Friday: 10 am – 1 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 2 pm from Labor Day to Memorial Day
Rutland Public Library
280 Main Street, Rutland MA