The Fitchburg Art Museum has over 20,000 square feet of exhibition space, features exhibitions from its art historical collections as well as special loan exhibitions focused on regional contemporary art.
Admission is FREE for all guests now through September!
The art museum can be fun for children of all ages. See here on Tips for Families that include ideas on fun games and activities to help young ones stay entertained and enjoy the exhibits.
- Wednesday–Friday 12pm–4pm
- Saturday–Sunday 11am–5pm
- Closed Monday and Tuesday
- 1st Thursday of the month 12pm–7pm
What should I expect when I visit FAM?
- All FAM staff and visitors are required to wear masks.
- FAM guests will enter through the Elm Street doors and exit on Merriam Ave.
- Admission is FREE, but you will be asked to check in and leave your contact information at the front desk. (Please note your contact information is strictly for contact tracing and will not be used for marketing purposes.)
- Parties of 8 or more are not permitted. Visitor capacity is limited to 50 people in the entire museum and is controlled in all galleries.
- Large bags as well as food or drink are prohibited.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Museum.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times. FAM staff will kindly remind you to keep 6 ft. between your party and other visitors.
- FAM has heightened cleaning protocols. Frequent contact surfaces, including door handles and stair rails are disinfected several times throughout the day.
- Bathrooms are cleaned several times throughout the day.
What is open?
FAM guests can visit special exhibitions: After Spiritualism: Loss and Transcendence in Contemporary Art, Jo Sandman: The Photographic Work, and Scenes in Circulation: Winslow Homer’s America. As well as permanent exhibitions: Evoking Eleanor, Discover Ancient Egypt, and Moving Objects: African and Oceanic Art from the FAM Collection
The FAM gift shop is also open in the lobby. Credit or debit cards are preferred for transactions, but cash will also be accepted for on-site purchases.
What is closed?
Our hands on exhibition learning lounges are closed at this time, but will return when it is determined that interactive exhibitions are safe.
Is there food or drink at the Museum?
At this time, there are no refreshments available. Bottled water can be purchased at the front desk. Guests are welcome to bring a lunch or snack to enjoy outside in our courtyard.
Fitchburg Art Museum
185 Elm Street. Fitchburg MA