EcoTarium expands their current opening to include the outdoor Nature Explore exhibit!
The EcoTarium museum of science and nature outdoor grounds is expanding their current opening to include the Nature Explore!
Nature Explore is an expansive outdoor exhibit features several play areas, each with its own theme. Each area offers unique and innovative outdoor experiences designed to engage children and their families through activities such as building, digging, nature art, climbing, music and movement. Masks must be worn at all times and there is a limit of 5 families visiting at a time.
All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate in accordance with the Governor’s orders.
Spaces that are OPEN at the EcoTarium:
- Scenic paths and trails
- Upper and lower ponds
- Resident wildlife habitats: Wild Cat Station, native birds, bald eagles, owls, red fox, river otters
- Nature Explore (with restrictions – five families at a time. Masks at all times.)
- Lower Plaza: view animals in outdoor habitats
- Please note, aside from restrooms the museum buildings will not be open to the public during this phase
Spaces that are currently CLOSED at the EcoTarium:
Per the Governor’s order the following spaces and experiences remain closed:
- The main museum building
- The museum gift shop (please visit our new online museum shop available soon)
- Concessions (you may purchase waters and snacks from the online store and pick up at Sundial Plaza, you may also bring food and beverages but all trash must be carried out)
- Animal Corner
- The Explorer Express Train, included in Phase 3 or 4 under Amusement Parks per the Governor’s order
- There will not be in person programming however please keep an eye out for QR codes that will take you to online experiences, information, and fun facts from our education and living collections teams
Admission & Tickets
In order to remain as accessible as possible to all in our community the EcoTarium is switching to a flexible pricing model for the period of time that requires social distancing and online ticketing to manage capacity.
- All tickets need to be purchased in advance of your arrival, tickets will not be sold at the gate.
- Please note NO cash transactions will be allowed onsite at the EcoTarium.
- Our institution is dependent on income from admissions to operate, and our regular ticket prices are $19 for adults, $14 for children and students and $15 for seniors. Please choose the price point for each ticket type that you are comfortable with and we cannot wait to see you at the EcoTarium soon.
- Please note, the time listed on your ticket reflects the one-hour slot which you should plan to arrive at the museum, your ticket is valid for the remainder of the day. To help us manage capacity please plan to arrive as close to the hour as possible.
222 Harrington Way, Worcester MA
Current Museum Operating Hours: Thursday- Sunday 9am-6pm (CLOSED Monday-Wednesday)