Adapted Swim Summer Programs for youth with disabilities now offered at Bennett Field Pool!
Easter Seals MA, in partnership with the MA Department of Conservation and Recreation’s Universal Access Program, is offering an adapted recreational swim program this summer at the DCR’s Bennett Field Pool in Worcester.
Swim Program Information
The program is now registering children and youth with disabilities and their families for a six week swim program held on Friday mornings June 28 – August 2.
- This program focuses on essential safety skills, social skills and skill development, but does not provide swim lessons.
- Instructors will lead groups to review pool safety, play games and facilitate free swim time.
- This is held in the morning before the pool opens to the public so swimmers get full access to the pool and changing rooms in a quiet environment.
- Individuals who cannot swim independently must provide their own 1:1 aide.
Sessions & Registration
There will be two swim sessions offered:
- 9 am for children ages 5-12; 10am for older swimmers.
- Fee applies: $30 per family for the six weeks.
- Registration is required and families should pre-register online.
- Contact Patrick Remy at 508-751-6417 or email email@example.com for more information.
Swim Program Location
Bennett Field Pool is an updated, accessible facility with a sprinkler pad. There is free parking in an adjacent lot next to the Gates Lane School.
Adapted Swim Summer Programs
Bennett Field Pool
1250 Main Street, Worcester MA
Easter Seals Massachusetts provides essential programs and services to children and adults with disabilities throughout the state. Our mission is to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play right in their own communities. We see the whole person, support the entire family, and spark real change together with our communities. Since 1944, we have been service providers, but we are leading educators, experts, and advocates as well. For a full spectrum of our innovative programs and services please visit www.eastersealsma.org.