Now open! Public Skating on Worcester Common Oval!
Nothing says winter in New England like outdoor ice skating!
The City’s 12,000-square-foot rink is 4,000 square feet larger than the rink at New York City’s Rockefeller Center. The Oval has piped-in music, skate rentals, concessions, holiday lights and more, making it a fun and affordable family-friendly activity. The rink is professionally managed by SMG, the DCU Center’s talented management team.
Check out the Oval Calendar of Events for an updated list of special guests and happenings at the Oval!
Hours of Operation
The Worcester Common Oval is open for the Winter 2018-2019 Season!
Regular hours of operation are:
- Fridays 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. .
- The Oval is also open for daytime skating during school vacation weeks.
- During the week of December 26th, the Oval will be open from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m., Friday 12/28 from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m. .
- Additionally, the Oval will be open on New Years Eve and New Years Day from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Admission for public skating is $10 including skate rentals (children 6 and under skate free).
- Skaters that do not require skate rentals pay just $5 to enter onto the ice.
- Skate rentals require a $25 refundable deposit per skate rental.
The rink will be open as the weather allows. Cancellations will be posted online.
A limited number of free parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis in the garage under City Hall. Other parking is available on-street and at the new Worcester Common Garage at Front and Mercantile Streets.
Worcester Common Oval
Located behind City Hall on the Common
455 Main Street, Worcester MA (508) 929-0777