Enough toys! 25 Local Experience Gifts to give to the kids in your life!
Kids have too many toys? Stuck on what to get them that won’t end up in an unused or unplayed with pile in just a week or two? Here are our list of great Worcester Area experience gifts!
- Tickets to see a show at Hanover Theatre: Peg & Cat Live!, The Hungry Caterpillar or Wild Kratts LIVE! Check out show availability and pricing here.
- Jump passes to Sky Zone. This is a gift for parents and kids as it will tire them out!
- Gift card for ice cream or to a kid-friendly restaurant. Kids love the promise of ice cream.
- Passes to Roger Williams Park Zoo or to the Carousel Village. Memberships or day passes are available for advance purchase! Perfect for the animal-loving kid in your life.
- Cooking Classes for kids.
- Art classes for kids. Lots of choices in the area including Worcester Art Museum!
- Local or National Park passes. State Park passes include parking for many area lakes.
- Swim lessons. Kid loves water? Lessons can be expensive and makes for a perfect gift
- A subscription box – pick your kid’s passion and gift it in a box!
- Promises of the beach. It may not seem like it now, but beach weather will be here before we know it! A pail, a shovel, a new bathing suit and a promise of a day at your favorite beach when the weather warms up.
- Gymnastics or Dance classes – complete with a gifted new tutu or leotard. Sterling Gym has lots of variety in class offerings and age ranges to choose from
- Seeds and seed boxes to get them started on their own little garden. Our preschooler loves this yearly gift!
- Pick a summer camp now and gift it!
- Tickets to a local sports event. Worcester Railers for some hockey, Worcester Bravehearts for local baseball, Mass Pirates for arena football
- A giftcard for mini golfing or a par three golf course depending on the kids’ age and skill
- Apex Entertainment in Marlboro boasts many awesome entertainment choices for kids of all ages: go karts, bowling, food and more. A gift card here would provide entertainment for hours.
- Indoor water park experience: an overnight at Great Wolf Lodge or a day pass to CocoKeys in Danvers, MA give kids a chance to go to a water park even in the winter
- A donation to a charity – you can even let the child choose! Donations to National Wild Life Federation have symbolic animal adoptions with a stuffed animal as a thank you gift.
- Indoor climbing excursion. Worcester has an indoor rock wall gym too!
- Movie passes to the local theater or a new movie with some popcorn and m&ms for a low key movie night at home gift
- A musical instrument & the gift of lessons
- Music lessons. Our daughters love the Music Together program
- A homemade gift certificate for a date night with that child. Dinner, movies, bowling… their choice! Give the gift of time with an adult in their life who they love.
- Plan a camping trip and gift the supplies needed for the trip – a new tent, lantern or camping chair are always big hits in our house.
- Special events at local museums. Not sure if you want to do another membership because your kids have been there done that? Tickets to a special event or a behind the scenes tour at your favorite spot helps keep the excitement! Try animal encounters at Mystic Aquarium or Boarding with the Bixbys (children over 10) at Old Sturbridge Village. Planetarium or train ride tickets for the Ecotarium are always fun too!
What experiences did we miss? What gifts do you love to give to your kids?