Candelit tours of Old Sturbridge Village at Evening of Illumination on 1/11 and 1/25!
How did New England families spend their evenings before the intrusion of texting, telephones, TVs and computers?
Check out the Evening of Illumination at Sturbridge Village!
Visitors to Old Sturbridge Village will get a rare chance find out as they tour the historic Village lit only by candles, oil lamps, lanterns, and firelight during Old Sturbridge Village’s “Evening of Illumination.” Guided by lantern light around the Village Common, guests visit select homes and shops to see how early New Englanders spent their evenings in the days before electricity. Visitors will be treated to music and storytelling throughout the tour, and will see Village artisans at work by candlelight.
Following the tours, visitors return to the Bullard Tavern for light refreshments, mulled cider and a cash bar. Evening Tours are limited to 15 people, and leave from the Visitor Center every 10 minutes from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Advance registration is recommended as this event historically sells out.
Dates & Times
- Two dates: Friday, January 11 & Friday, January 25, 2019
- Guided tours limited to 15 people leave from the Visitor Center every 10 minutes from 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
- Tours are approximately 90 minutes long
Important Information to note before you purchase tickets:
Purchase of an evening program is separate from daytime admission. The museum is not open for daytime visits on these dates.
- Cost: $35/person ($30 for members)
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- In order to deliver the best experience for all of our guests, we request that you arrive at least 10-15 minutes before the start of your tour time.
- This program is recommended for ages 10 and up
- Purchase tickets here!
Evening of Illumination at Old Sturbridge Village
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road
Sturbridge MA (508) 347-3362
Friday, January 11 & Friday, January 25, 2019
Cost: $35/person ($30 for members)