Sign up for Tenacity! The FREE Summer Tennis & Reading Program for Worcester Kids!
Each summer during July and August, Tenacity serves over 500 Worcester youth through our Summer Tennis & Reading Program (STRP) held at 5 sites across the city. This dynamic program is offered free-of-charge on summer weekday mornings and afternoons, Monday through Thursday, for city youth ages 6 – 16.
Each session meets for three-hours where time is split between tennis/fitness and summer reading activities. In partnership with the city of Worcester, Tenacity’s STRP provides an enriching learning environment for Worcester students, which keeps their minds and bodies active during the summer recess.
For the upcoming 2019 season, 9 and 10 year-olds can attend both the morning and afternoon sessions. Parents can register their children for one week sessions.
Tennis & Reading Program Details
Session Schedule & Dates
- 2019 dates: Monday-Thursday July 8 through August 16
- Morning Session: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Ages 6 – 16
- Afternoon Session: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Ages 6 – 16
What to Expect:
- QuickStart Tennis (“10AndUnderTennis”) format: builds enjoyment of the game while developing and refining tennis skills for younger participants
- Older participants will have more opportunity for skill development and competitive play
- Age appropriate literacy programming
The Tenacity Summer Tennis & Reading Program is FREE!
Registration begins April 10th at 10am.
To register, visit the Tenacity website!