Did Someone Say Casserole? Try Out This Simple & Tasty Mac-n-Cheese Recipe.
Macaroni and Cheese has been a favorite of kids (and grown-ups) for generations. Try out this super simple and delicious recipe that’s sure to please the entire family. If your children are slightly more adventurous, jazz up this recipe by adding lobster meat and fresh dill, chicken and broccoli or even ham and peas. Yum!
Baked Macaroni and Cheese; Serves 6-8
- 12 oz (about 3 cups) of elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (cut off crusts and pulse briefly in food processor)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half the macaroni in a 9×13 baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray or oil. Sprinkle with four, salt and pepper. Dot with 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into bits. In layers, add half the cheese, the remaining macaroni, and then the remaining cheese.
In a cup, mix the milk and Worcestershire sauce and pour over casserole. Melt remaining butter and mix with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top.
Cover and bake 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake until bubbly, 10 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.